* Students with expired certifications are NOT able to register. Proof of current certification must be presented at the start of the course. Please include both date and issuer of your current certification on this form.
* Successful graduates of this course will receive Wilderness Medical Associates’ Wilderness First Responder, Anaphylaxis, and BLS/Healthcare Provider-level CPR certifications.
* WMA WEMS graduates with a current EMS license may also re-certify the wilderness portion of their WEMS certification with this course. **If you are using this course to re-certify a WMA WEMS certification it is your responsibility to let the sponsor know when registering, and to inform the instructor on the first day of class.**
* Students will have access to the WFR Study Guide before the course starts. They are required to complete the assigned reading, case studies, study guide, and tests. The on-site instruction that follows reinforces and expands on the knowledge already acquired. Because students arrive familiar with the didactic material, on-site daytime training can focus on wilderness and rescue scenarios and practical skills. Evenings are reserved for study and assignments. Expect rescue scenarios with made-up victims and simulated wounds to prepare you for backcountry emergencies.
* Chewonki will provide lunch each day.
* It is cold in January in Maine! Be prepared to receive instruction inside and outside.
* Room and board are available for an additional cost of $100. This is a shared bunk space in rustic wood heated cabins. Includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner from the dinner the night prior to the course through lunch on the last day of the course.
* After you submit this course reservation and are charged the non-refundable $100 deposit, you will receive an email from us with information about the pre-course work. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER for your course correspondence.
* The balance of the course will be processed on the credit card provided on December 5th, 30 days prior to the start of the course and is non-refundable due to the limited size offering of the course. (Current/future Chewonki staff: a $25 deposit will be processed, and the course balance will be processed on the first day of class to allow for professional development funding requests to be considered.)
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org