Maine Boat Rental Terms 207.313.6248
1117 CHINA RD, WINSLOW, ME 04901 (SELF-TOW OR FLOAT PICKUPS)
PO BOX 6318, CHINA VILLAGE, ME 04926 (ALL MAIL)
2021 SEASON IS MAY 10TH TO OCTOBER 10TH YES! WE ARE OPEN!!
• Our website, equipment and rental terms are updated periodically without prior notification. Review agreement prior to launch.
• Boats labeled as ‘available for renter tow’, along with paddleboards, kayaks, and floats can be picked up at 1117 China Rd, Winslow, ME 04901 by appointment only and MBR personnel must be present to facilitate pickup and returns.
• Your vessel / addon equipment is not inspected at time of drop off at the yard nor at launch locations. This post-rental inspection is done upon return to the MBR yard for cleaning/inspection. All items issued on your rental agreement will also be counted and inspected at cleaning/inspection.
• Please arrive 30 minutes earlier than scheduled times to video your rental to include all issued items, exterior, motor, interior.
• RENTER MUST BE PRESENT TO PICKUP AND RETURN BOAT. Launch Checklist and final signatures will be signed at launch.
• Renter & operators must be at least 21 years old and provide valid ID.
• Renter to Provide a valid major credit card at delivery to have on file for gas refill and any damages growing out of rental exceeding security deposits. Refusal to provide this information nullifies your rental and it will be returned to the yard. You will be charged the full rental amount to include delivery and any addons, including any fees due to late cancellation.
• Complete our Watercraft Rental Agreement and Launch Checklist.
• Complete an inspection of the boat and safety instruction we call ‘Boat and Safety Review’. All Rental drivers MUST also be present at launch for mandatory Boat and Safety Review. No exceptions. If you drive the boat you must be present.
• During operation of the watercraft, you must safely operate the watercraft, have knowledge of and abide by all Maine laws, permits, and your lake restrictions and depths.
• Be competent and informed! Go to RENTALBOATSAFETY.COM and BOAT-ED.COM to review boating and safety. Maine does not require a boating safety card, but accepts nationally accredited boating safety courses from all other states.
• Know your docking address at boat launch and keep boat safe in ALL weather until returned.
DOCKING AND MOORING, EARLY PICKUPS
• DO NOT BOAT nor KEEP BOAT STORED IN ROUGH WATERS. Watch the weather and ask for early return if needed. You accept responsibility at all times to keep boat undamaged in navigable tranquil-moderate waters on a mooring or dock with adequate length and protection.
a. If you are renting a cabin, not all docks are usable for boats. Know your dock and your lake! Rent a slip, moor in a cove, choose a different lake. You have options.
b. Ask cabin owners before renting questions regarding: mooring access or dock length & height from water line, has there been previous damage at dock/lake or waves that frequently rock boat, underwater hazards near dock or enroute to launch location(rocks, low waterline), where is launch location (private launches must have 60’ of clear access for our trucks and boat length), lake hazard locations and if they’re well marked. On Moosehead Lake, you must moor in a tranquil cove or trailer boat daily. MBR will leave trailer with renter to secure vessel without trailer fee.
• IF YOU CALL US FOR EARLY RETURN prior to your scheduled pickup, you must allow adequate travel time to complete our immediate schedule AND travel to you with your trailer prior to damage. You are responsible for all damage resulting from your rental until return is complete and loaded on trailer; placing a pickup call will not cancel responsibility. Do not tie our boats to a dock or tree and consider it returned! Rescheduling, driving time, traffic, and driver availability take time. You must update us to accurate conditions of boat so we arrive with adequate equipment and personnel. No credit will be given to early returns. Enlist neighbors to help you, local marina, water tow, other boaters as needed.
• Dock: Always position front of boat towards incoming waves and keep un-abrasive docking conditions. Mooring: boat should rotate with front into waves, always attach to front of hull metal clip called the bow eye. Keep water out of boat hulls, battery and motor, electronics. Boat should be positioned to float AWAY from dock, not into dock nor under dock, change boat docking accordingly with the current and check consistently that damage is not occurring. Fenders to be used every time and secured in place prior to dock approach. Drivers, do not ram docks or slide into docks. This causes instant damage. Boat should only be in contact with water at all times. Use hullhuggers on docks to protect vessels.
• ALL MECHANICAL ISSUES MUST BE IMMEDIATELY REPORTED TO US UPON DISCOVERY. YOU CANNOT ATTEMPT REPAIRS TO VESSELS WITHOUT MBR AUTHORIZATION.
• DEPTH GAUGES & TROLLING MOTORS ARE A COURTESY AND BOATS WILL NOT BE SERVICED MID-RENTAL FOR THOSE ITEMS. Ropes and towables will not be re-issued mid rental unless you are within 15 miles or enroute to another delivery. For ropes only: If failure is from season’s wear, you may also purchase another rope during your rental, which we will purchase back from you with receipt. Caution that ropes also have weight limits, especially under drag from tow!
A safe and clean watercraft with safety equipment and life jackets. Boat and bouy instruction along with a free demo ride upon request. Full tank of gas, you pay only for what you use. All boats are topped off at pump by Maine Boat Rental and may not register on panel as full when in water due to floating on angle.
VESSEL SECURITY DEPOSITS AND CANCELLATIONS: ONLY RESERVE DATES YOU KNOW YOU CAN MAKE!
• Security is labelled on each item and is payable in check/cash only at least 1 month prior to reservation start date. Check will be deposited and is not part of rental amount. If reserving less than one month away, security is due by mail within 5 days to keep reservation. Renter must also have valid credit card on file for security exceeding deposited security. Renter must have ability to pay for any and all damages resulting from your rental.
Rental payment: Reservation is contingent and in effect upon funds clearing.
• Cancellations are refundable 31 days or more from delivery date less 10%. Cancellations 30 days or less from delivery date will be charged the full daily/weekly boat rental amount.
• You are responsible for any loss or damages resulting from your rental, including rental loss days from extended repair or complete boat loss. Some damage may not take the boat out of service for immediate repair, but MAY result in end of season repair or repairs made prior to next Season subject to weather, material and service availability.
DELIVERY, LATE FEES, AND USEAGE:
• Towables may not be suitable for all boats and performance is subject to weight aboard and distribution, and size of boat.
• Know your lake depths and restrictions, public launch accommodations prior to reserving.
• Rental day is defined as a calendar day regardless of start time or return time.
• Minimum rental days are assigned to each boat subject to MBR business needs. After June, minimum days may be reduced by Maine Boat Rental to fill in dates.
• Watercraft may be same or similar to picture due to availability.
• All watercraft, towables, trailers are used at operator’s risk and insurance coverage. NO INSURANCE IS PROVIDED BY MAINE BOAT RENTAL! If trailering vessels, must provide proof of current vehicle insurance.
• Delivery charges are $2.25 per loaded mile + tolls, entry fee, minimum $50 charge.
• No dogs or paws allowed on rentals. Cleaning fee ($100) and all vinyl repairs will be charged upon inspection with evidence of paw indentation/tears and hairs. Double cleaning fee may apply for additional labor and material.
• No bronzers or staining creams to be used on vessels. This may result in complete boat seat reupholstery! If in doubt, use towels to protect seating. This also applies to parking under sapping trees.
• Boats may not be moved from lake they are delivered to by Maine Boat Rental.
• Boats trailered by Customers must have 2” ball on hitch and renter must keep boat on lake specified in Rental Agreement. A $100 trailering fee will apply. For deliveries requesting trailer also be left with boat to secure vessel, there will not be a fee.
• Maine Boat Rental is not responsible for loss of use due to weather, illness, equipment exchange, changes in plans, or operator error, early returns.
• Vessels: For customer late arrival or late return of equipment, late charge is $100/hour for equipment and labor fee. Please be 30 minutes earlier than scheduled time with all original rental items issued to you. Verify all items are aboard before leaving your dock noted on paperwork! When you are late, it results in us rescheduling many drivers and arriving late on others.
• Floats, Kayaks, SUPs: Late return $100 flat fee per calendar day plus loss of revenue due to return not being made as planned.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE